Forgetting things and new TVs

We are moving house in a few weeks, thanks be to all that is holy, and we have a list as long as my arm of things that need to be done. Lists are my new best friends because they're the only way I can remember to do anything. Once you start having babies your memory is the second thing to go, after, of course, your figure. I think I used to have a good memory but I can't really remember! ðŸ˜œ After having the baby 7 weeks ago it's hit an all time low! If I haven't marked something in my calendar or written a note on my phone it's like it never existed! I completely forgot about an appointment I made with our mortgage advisor until himself asked me about it, and even then I couldn't remember a day or a time! Sad sad times. 
So while I'm juggling all these balls and also dealing with ringing around all the usual suspects to inform them of impending move my husband is occupied with other things, more TV related...
In the new house there's another small living area that we need to get a sofa for and a new TV and these are ALL I have been hearing about this past while. Our priorities seem to be a bit different and it took me a while to figure out why....
When I imagine us in the new house I imagine some sort of nirvana in which we have an actual utility room and the mess can disappear with the closing of one simple door. Or having a downstairs toilet so there isn't constant running to empty a potty or having to take all three upstairs to spectate when the big girl needs a pee pee. I imagine the two big girls playing outside while mammy gets shit done in relative peace and quiet!
When himself imagines us living in the new house I don't know where me and the 3 mahoods are but he is sitting on the new sofa watching the new TV! I think in the move across he has misplaced us and become a single man again and spends all of his plentiful spare time relaxing on a recliner sofa watching a curved tv(these are the newest NEED to have items!!🙄)
He asked me today about what I think the budget should be for the new TV, and not giving a flying feck, I just asked him what he thinks it should be. He came back with an amount that would choke a horse! I gently persuaded him to consider that that might be a bit too much and maybe we might need food and new shoes for the children at some point. To his credit he did agree. 
Hopefully my bad memory will allow me to wipe the TV debacle from my mind! But just in case it doesn't I might need a glass of wine to help things along! It's medicinal after all........

Comments