100% Mutton dressed as lamb on paper

The blog has been a barren wasteland of late and I apologise! Part of the reason for this,though not all, is that when we moved in to the 'new house' we had no internet for 10 days! 10 DAYS! SOMEHOW I survived and we have come out the other end of it! I shudder now to think of the dark days of a week ago and standing at the left hand window in the living room trying to connect to BTwifi with fon then trying not to move an inch if I got a signal! It's a fickle beast the BT free internet and doesn't like to let you in for long, so I really had to prioritise my precious time online. Those of you who've read my previous posts might assume that these priorities included googling 'How do I stop my husband fantasising about a 70 incher?' Or 'Can a sleeping baby sense when the kettle boils?' but these have fallen down the list of urgent matters. Shooting up umpteen places to number one was all things Love Island! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ™ˆ
I know what you're thinking! Ack love would you not act your age and watch coronation street? Catch yourself on you're old enough to be some of their mothers! And you all make excellent points but I've been sucked in and it has been to the detriment of writing these insightful and world-changing pieces!! So I'm sure you along with all parenting experts will be relieved to know that I'm back! I can hear the collective sigh of relief....
Since moving nothing much has changed on the living in chaos front. We're still surrounded by boxes and gradually making our way through them. On one of my fits of unpacking while the mahoods were about I stumbled upon our wedding album and thought how lovely it would be to to look at it with them! Obviously expecting the usual from the big girl like 'Aw mammy you so gorgeous!' And 'Where am I? So we open the album and there's a picture of me, himself and my own mammy and daddy. 
Me: Who's in that picture?
Blank stares. I'll try again.
Me: Who's in that picture?
Big girl: Who is it?
Me(pointing to me): Who is that?
Big girl hasn't a clue.
Meanwhile wee girl is nearly licking my Mammy's face in the picture and saying mammy mammy! Sweet and gentle Jesus!! I've aged 30 years in the time since we got married!!
Me: No that's granny silly! That's mammy there! (Obviously!)
Big girl: Mammy! You were รณg!!*
Anyway it's nearly 9pm I better go on here and pretend I'm รณg again!
๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ‘ต๐Ÿป
FML
*รณg is young in Irish. Does not make it any less insulting.

Comments